Troup County, Georgia is updating their zoning code and development ordinances into one Unified Development Ordinance. This update will streamline the current zoning code and development regulations while ensuring that the County's Comprehensive Plan (2015) has the correct zoning associated with the vision laid out in it.
The First Public Meeting
Join us for our 1st Public Meeting at the
Mike Daniel Recreation Center on
Monday, December 10th at 5:30PM.
At 1220 Lafayette Pkwy
LaGrange, GA 30240
We look forward to sharing about this process and hearing from you about your experience with Troup County's Zoning Code and other Development Ordinances.
This community forum is a chance to talk to County staff to learn more about this process or to give your ideas for how the development and zoning codes could be improved. Please join us and give us the input we need to make the development and zoning codes of Troup County as good as they can be.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- What types of development or uses do you want to see more of in Troup County?
- What types of development or uses do you want to see less of in Troup County?
- What type of development or uses is Troup County missing?
- What types of development or uses do you want to make sure does not occur in Troup County?
- Are there other communities in Georgia or in the US that you think should be a model for future development in Troup County?
The Planning Team
Troup County and their staff are the client but they are also the local experts who use the current zoning code and development ordinances the most. They will provide much needed guidance and assistance in the process.
Canvas Planning Group has worked with municipalities large and small to rewrite and adjust their zoning codes. They are based in Atlanta and bring expertise working in the big city, but also have extensive experience in areas like Opelika, AL, Westpoint, GA, and Hogansville, GA.
Kronberg Wall are expert architects and contextual thinkers who are experts in the implementation of development code and how it might be reformed and restructured to assist in better development for all.